Tabs v/s Spaces: An analysis on why tabs are better
Rich
2017-06-21 02:14:34 UTC
https://www.codementor.io/aviaryan/tabs-v-s-spaces-an-analysis-on-why-tabs-are-better-96xr0bg32

Quoting from the URL above:

Tabs v/s Spaces. I am sure you have encountered this dilemma in your
coding career time and again. I prefer tabs. There are some people who
prefer spaces instead. Today I would like to discuss why tabs are better
than spaces. I am only going to use rational points here. Please spend 5
minutes on this article and then make a decision.

Dan Espen
2017-06-21 11:20:58 UTC
Post by Rich
https://www.codementor.io/aviaryan/tabs-v-s-spaces-an-analysis-on-why-tabs-are-better-96xr0bg32
Tabs v/s Spaces. I am sure you have encountered this dilemma in your
coding career time and again. I prefer tabs. There are some people who
prefer spaces instead. Today I would like to discuss why tabs are better
than spaces. I am only going to use rational points here. Please spend 5
minutes on this article and then make a decision.
The author deserves to be put in a room with JWZ for a while.

3. Tabs work better with Notepad.

Well, sounds like the author has already suffered enough.
Dan Espen
Richard Kettlewell
2017-06-21 12:29:08 UTC
Post by Rich
https://www.codementor.io/aviaryan/tabs-v-s-spaces-an-analysis-on-why-tabs-are-better-96xr0bg32
Tabs v/s Spaces. I am sure you have encountered this dilemma in
your coding career time and again. I prefer tabs. There are some
people who prefer spaces instead. Today I would like to discuss why
tabs are better than spaces. I am only going to use rational points
here. Please spend 5 minutes on this article and then make a
decision.
| 2. Tab-based indentation is uniform, like spaces
|
| As I already told at the start of this article, tab width can easily
| be changed in the editor to make indentation look consistent across
| different setups.

This isn’t even consistent, and actually gets to the heart of the
problem with tabs, which is that they are not the same everywhere. If
you’re in the right kind of monoculture then you may be lucky enough to
have globally consistent layout despite using tabs, but many of us
aren’t.

http://evelinag.com/blog/2017/06-20-stackoverflow-tabs-spaces-and-salary/index.html
is a good analysis of the data the started this discussion, with some
possible explanations for the apparent salary effect.
--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/