Damned windows.
Sylvia Else
2018-04-30 02:03:47 UTC
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.

FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"

ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"

MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"

SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"

Sylvia.
Oregonian Haruspex
2018-04-30 18:26:50 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
He beats you when he gets home from work but you love him and stay with him
anyway. How brave of you.
Mr On!on
2018-05-01 17:43:49 UTC
Post by Oregonian Haruspex
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
He beats you when he gets home from work but you love him and stay with him
anyway. How brave of you.
[applause]
--
\|/
(((Ï))) U+97F1

Wearing an On!on on his belt, which was the style at the time.
Shadow
2018-04-30 20:22:10 UTC
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:03:47 +1000, Sylvia Else
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
;)

PS I think they're "free" features.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Sylvia Else
2018-05-01 01:44:40 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
FWIW, the fail installation attempts silently scenario arose because I
was trying to install a driver from a network share. Network shares are
user specific, but the installation processed switches to the
administrator user, which then can no longer see the file it's meant to
be installing. This doesn't excuse its failure to comment, but there is
at least a workaround.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

Sylvia.
RS Wood
2018-05-01 11:23:45 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
You missed a few:

REMOTE_TELEMETRY_TRACKING = "ON"
MANDATORY_PAID_SERVICE_LINKS = "ON"
INSERT_PAID_SPONSOR_LINKS = "ON"
YOUR_ASS_BELONGS_TO = "MICROSOFT"

The version of Outlook my company uses makes the "paid add-ons" button
on the toolbar brighter and more prominent than any other, which annoys
me greatly. As it's a corporate machine I'd be unable to purchase and
install any add-ons even if I wanted to.

I circumvented the fuckers by creating a custom toolbar with only the 4
or 5 buttons I use, so I don't have to look at the rest of it.
Bruce Horrocks
2018-05-02 22:20:31 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Can someone tell me where to find the following registry entries, so
that I can change them.
FAIL_INSTALLATION_ATTEMPTS = "Silently"
ERROR_MESSAGE_LEVEL = "Unhelpful"
MACHINE_CONTROLLED_BY = "Microsoft"
SYSTEM_BOOTABLE_WHEN_DEBUGGING_TOOLS_DEPLOYED = "No"
Sylvia.
REMOTE_TELEMETRY_TRACKING = "ON"
MANDATORY_PAID_SERVICE_LINKS = "ON"
INSERT_PAID_SPONSOR_LINKS = "ON"
YOUR_ASS_BELONGS_TO = "MICROSOFT"
A few? The list is endless...

STOP_RESPONDING_TO_KEYSTROKES_SOON_AFTER_LOGIN_AND_UPDATE_SOMETHING_RANDOM_INSTEAD
= "ON"

INSTALL_UPDATES_ON_SHUTDOWN = "ON"

MAKE_SHUTDOWN_UPDATES_RUN_MORE_SLOWLY_WHEN_I_AM_IN_A_HURRY_TO_LEAVE = "ON"

APPS_STARTING_IN_THE_BACKGROUND_STEAL_FOCUS_JUST_AS_I_START_TO_TYPE_INTO_THE_FOREGROUND_APP
= "ON"
--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
(bruce at scorecrow dot com)
Paul Sture
2018-05-03 13:59:08 UTC
Post by Bruce Horrocks
A few? The list is endless...
STOP_RESPONDING_TO_KEYSTROKES_SOON_AFTER_LOGIN_AND_UPDATE_SOMETHING_RANDOM_INSTEAD
= "ON"
During the first or second bunch of major patches after a fresh
installation of Windows 7:

HIDE_IE_UPDATE_CONFIRMATION_WINDOW_BEHIND_THE_CURRENT_WINDOW = "ON"

You notice that machine activity has stopped but haven't a clue why
until you notice that extra entry in the Taskbar, focus on it and say
Yes or No,
Post by Bruce Horrocks
INSTALL_UPDATES_ON_SHUTDOWN = "ON"
Especially when your location is somewhere involving public transport to
get home:

IF LAST_BUS_IMMINENT THEN SET
LOOK_FOR_UPDATES = "ON"
--
Windows AD. An authentication mechanism designed to confuse Samba users.
- Anon
Huge
2018-05-03 19:27:45 UTC
https://linuxmint.com/
--
Today is Pungenday, the 50th day of Discord in the YOLD 3184
Celebrate Discoflux