Invisible Rulers: How Internet Influencers manipulate information and politics
George Musk
2024-08-16 23:15:56 UTC

Renee DiResta, the author of Invisible Rulers: The People Who Turn Lies
into Truth, discusses the dynamics of dysinformation on the internet and
how influencers are shaping democratic politics.
2024-08-17 00:22:07 UTC
Post by George Musk
https://www.you
but... speaking of miscellaneous computer issues, e.g. video sharing etc.

OBS Studio (https://obsproject.com/) works great for recording streaming
videos; e.g., movies, tv series, etc. saved to mp4 format for viewing on
other devices by using obs "display capture" to record streaming content
while displayed full screen in the web browser; e.g., in mozilla firefox
uncheck "use recommended performance settings" and uncheck "use hardware
acceleration when available"; obs "hide obs windows from screen capture"
and software video encoding (same as stream, x264), save streaming video
(this method may not work with some "digital rights management" sources)

and...

for this example, the popular newsreader 40tude dialog makes scoring
on all headers easy, even for the novice; it's plain text and can be
tested in settings > scoring and actions, and matched help > regular
expression tester; score numbers can be anything from -9999 to +9999

[*]
# for scoring non-overview headers
=-1000 Header {^X\-No\-Archive: yes}
=-1001 Header {^X\-Trace: individual}
# mnemonic "1/1=1", solo, single, one
=-1559 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@tweaknews.nl}
# mnemonic "hotel des tournelles", pl. vosges
=-1993 Header {^Injection\-Info: dont\-email}
# mnemonic "eternal september", never ending
=-3142 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@easynews}
# mnemonic "3.142...", approx. of pi
=-5000 Header {^Injection\-Info: nnrp.usenet.blueworld}
# mnemonic blue, 5th primary color (roygbvm/uv)
=-9000 Header {^X\-Usenet\-Provider: http://www.giganews}
# mnemonic 10^9, 1,000,000,000

etc...

note: a clean "portable" install of 40tude dialog 2.0.15.41 is the
best place to begin (do not install to default x86 program folder):

https://www.barghahn-online.de/4td_faq/download.php
https://www-barghahn--online-de.translate.goog/4td_faq/download.php?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Post by George Musk
40tude Dialogue - Download
https://www.barghahn-online.de/4td_faq/download/4d2b38.exe
https://www.barghahn-online.de/4td_faq/download/dialog_41.zip
Fuck Your Anal "Democracy"
2024-08-17 05:28:40 UTC
Post by George Musk
http://youtu.be/9_PlEqqU23I
Renee DiResta, the author of Invisible Rulers: The People Who Turn Lies
into Truth, discusses the dynamics of dysinformation on the internet and
how influencers are shaping democratic politics.
In order for democracy to function, all information consumed by the public
has to be officially approved by the government.

Without total information control, democracy, the perfect system of
government, collapses.

People think that just because democracy is perfect it must be strong. But
no. It is so weak that it can be destroyed by news articles on people's
phones.

We cannot lose our democracy. We will lose our child trannies, we will lose
our windmills, we will lose our open borders, we will lose the war in the
Ukraine.

We have to shut down all information not explicitly approved by the
government.

https://dailystormer.in/ai-generated-misinformation-threatening-american-democracy-by-making-people-question-things/
2024-08-17 14:02:10 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: Invisible Rulers: How Internet Influencers manipulate information
and politics
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 01:28:40 -0400
Paganini was born in 1782, so that makes a good mnemonic for scoring
the popular "paganini.bofh.team" server . . . who is this "paganini"?

(using Tor Browser 13.5.2)
https://www.site24x7.com/tools/whois-lookup.html
Domain Name: bofh.team
Registry Domain ID: 9f14ad22d29c4211a062876eed27a920-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.eurodns.com
Registrar URL: http://www.eurodns.com
Updated Date: 2023-10-30T08:26:20Z
Creation Date: 2015-10-25T18:26:05Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-10-25T18:26:05Z
Registrar: EuroDNS S.A.
Registrar IANA ID: 1052
Name Server: paganini.bofh.team
[end quoted excerpt]

(using Tor Browser 13.5.2)
http://put.hk/reader.jsp?server=paganini.bofh.team&btnsubmit=Go
Server: paganini.bofh.team (48693)
e.g.
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: [LFP] Looking For Peering paganini.bofh.team
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 20:56:34 +0200
Hi Admin's,
today I have checked the configuration of my server, and discovered a
lot of my peer's are death/admin's not respond/project no longer support
usenet/etc.
I have lost a lot of peering, actually I have only 3 active peer.
We are looking for new peering to mantain a good upstream.
Accept from / Send to: paganini.bofh.team
NNTP Port: 119
NNTPS Port: 563
Hostname: paganini.bofh.team (Resolves to both IPv4 and IPv6)
IPv4 IP: 94.23.43.182
IPv6 Address: 2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1
Path Token: paganini.bofh.team!
Article: no bin, text only
Contact: Ivo Gandolfo - usenet {at} bofh dot team
Abuse: usenet {at} bofh dot team
Just write to my email with your data, thank's in advance for your
cooperation, and happy peering!
Sincerely
--
Ivo Gandolfo
Newsmaster

the venerated namesake of this excellent news server (with good article
retention) is of course the great virtuoso violinist and composer . . .
Niccolo Paganini was born to Antonio & Teresa Bocciardo-Paganini at the
house on 38 Passo di Gattamora (8E56:00,44N24:14), Repubblica di Genova
Sunday 27 October 1782 (AA/BR). Chiesa San Salvatore (8E55:53,44N24:14).

see also:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=niccolo+paganini

simply adding just a few more servers, the scoring list keeps growing...

[*]
# for scoring non-overview headers
=-1000 Header {^X\-No\-Archive: yes}
# mnemonic "-1", hamster verwerfen
=-1001 Header {^X\-Trace: individual}
# mnemonic "1/1=1", solo, single, one
=-1559 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@tweaknews}
# mnemonic "hotel des tournelles", pl. vosges
=-1782 Header {^Injection\-Info: paganini}
# mnemonic "paganini born", sunday 27 october
=-1980 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@usenetserver}
# mnemonic "user's network", usenet, nntp server
=-1993 Header {^Injection\-Info: dont\-email}
# mnemonic "eternal september", never ending
=-3142 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@easynews}
# mnemonic "3.142...", approx. of pi
=-4000 Header {^Injection\-Info: solani}
# mnemonic "4th", sol, sun, fourth heaven
=-5000 Header {^Injection\-Info: nnrp.usenet.blueworld}
# mnemonic "blue", 5th primary color, roygbvm/uv
=-6666 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: ***@newsdemon}
# mnemonic "666", demonic, diabolos, number of man
=-7000 Header {^Injection\-Info: i2pn2}
# mnemonic "7th house", libra, fulcrum, rocksolid
=-8000 Header {^X\-Complaints\-To: https://www.astraweb}
# mnemonic "8th", aster, starry night, eighth heaven
=-9000 Header {^X\-Usenet\-Provider: http://www.giganews}
# mnemonic "10^9", 1,000,000,000

etcetera . . .

Fuck Your Anal "Democracy"